Modern warehouses have evolved and adapted to meet fast moving and demanding markets. Through automation, businesses can improve their workflow and warehouse efficiency by creating a "goods-to-person” systems, which offers a range of benefits;
- By storing products within one system, the operator is able to access all their order picks from one location. This speeds up the picking process by eliminating the time spent walking and searching for parts.
- By taking advantage of the full warehouse height, our automated storage systems maximise the storage capacity whilst reducing the storage footprint required.
- Order accuracy and traceability is improved as the machine delivers the product directly to the operator, reducing error rate.
- Heightened Operator safety as movement around the warehouse is limited.
- Stock security is enhanced as all orders are managed through the corporate ERP system.
Types of Automated Storage
There are a number of different automated systems available, and choosing the one which is best suited to your warehouse will depend on your project needs. Quickline will help you understand and choose the best system for your warehouse space.
- Clad-Rack Warehouse - creating the building envelope by using racking as the structural support system
- AS/RS Stacker Crane - providing a highly adaptable storage solution offering high loading bearing capacity
- Pallet Shuttle System - using shuttles to store and retrieve palletised goods from racking systems
- Miniload AS/RS - a high speed picking system for light goods
- Handling Shuttle Fast Ring - improving the management of goods by providing a shuttle around the warehouse
- Vertimag Vertical Lift Module (VLM) - utilising the height of the warehouse to maximise storage capacity
Contact us today to find out how an automated system can improve your warehouse efficiency 0113 880 0866.