The technical specifications of mobile pallet racking can vary depending on the manufacturer, the specific design, and the warehouse requirements. However, there are common features and specifications typically associated with these storage systems:
- Load Capacity: Each shelf or level within a mobile pallet racking system can safely support pallet weight ranges between 500-3000kg, or possibly higher. This capacity will depend upon the design and materials used in the racking system.
- Rack Dimensions: Your rack’s height, depth and width requirements will be dictated by the typical size of the pallets or items you wish to store and should accommodate these. Rack width and height can vary to fit different pallet sizes and ceiling heights if required.
- Aisle Width: The aisle width can be customised to your specific requirements, which will be based on the type of handling equipment and operational requirements specific to your warehouse.
- Power Supply: Mobile racking systems can either be electrically powered or manual using manual hand-crank mechanisms. To opt for an electrically powered racking system, you will need to ensure there is a reliable power source available.
- Rack Material: High-grade steel is typically used for its robustness and longevity. If your mobile racking storage system will be installed in a location where corrosion is a possibility, it may be worth considering adding a powder coating or other protective treatments.
- Mobility System: Mobile pallet racking systems typically move on tracks or rails installed on the warehouse floor. Depending on your warehouse’s features and dimensions, you may wish to consider which design would be most suited to your warehouse’s requirements, for example, certain models use guided rails, wheels, or chains.
These represent some of the technical elements to be taken into account when considering the installation of a mobile racking system. We will go over the technical specifications you will require in depth when designing your racking system, as your warehouse’s requirements will be unique.